Celtech is currently recruiting for an experienced Java/RPG Developer and a Marketing Communications Manager. Full job descriptions outlined below;
DEVELOPER: JAVA / RPG DEVELOPER
Role: This is an exciting opportunity for a versatile developer with solid commercial software development experience in Java and RPG to join a busy product development team as they develop and roll out a 'first of it's kind' 100% Java Retail Store solution across retail stores throughout Ireland.
Celtech is the first in the industry to provide a real-time holistic view of operations, achieved through a single integrated database that allows data collection on-line. Celtech's end-to-end business information system, ab-initio, provides real-time integration from Point of Sale to Purchase Order Management, incorporating a transaction system for operational management, planning and profiling of merchandise.
- As a member of a technically diverse Product Development team your role will be to develop and test software in accordance with Celtech's defined standards.
- Participate in Code and Quality Control reviews.
- Participate in product rollout and support functions
- Participate in R&D and proof of concept projects on an ad-hoc basis.
- Liase with clients regarding support and new development requirements.
- International travel may be a requirement.
- 2-5 years experience of commercial Java software development and implementation.
- Excellent swing, UI capabilities
- Eclipse, Maven, Tortoise SVN, JDBC/Hibernate, Webstart, Tomcat/Websphere,
- Excellent Database and SQL skills, DB2/DB2400/Derby
- OO modelling and development techniques - UML, Class and State Diagrams
- JSON and Jasper reporting capabilities would be advantageous
- iSeries, JPOS, SOA and Retail experience a distinct advantage
- Familiarity with Web 2.0 application and eCommerce development using php or similar technology would be useful.
- Knowledge of the following technologies a distinct advantage:
- ILE, RPGIV
- Strong CL (Command Language)
- Broad understanding of iSeries work management & operating system
- Excellent technical, communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Experienced, responsible and ultimately predictable developer who can consistently turn out quality developments.
- Team player who has the ability to work alone and under pressure.
- Self-motivated and versatile.
- Excellent Problem solver
- Hungry to learn and meet any challenge.
- Good work standards and structured methodologies.
- Good testing skills with ability to generate and execute test scripts
MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
Reporting to: Managing Director
The marketing communications manager will be responsible for the messaging of the company’s marketing communications initiatives. The role will interface internally and externally – working with product management on new product positioning as well as interfacing with industry analysts and PR firms to expand the company brand presence and promise.
- Develop brand guidelines and ensure consistent adherence to guidelines for all marketing materials and activities.
- Develop presentations, collateral, positioning documents and sales tools to support the sales process both internally and externally.
- Conduct market research on retail industry and competitors.
- Manage the corporate website including overall positioning, content and messaging.
- Create and update marketing collateral, presentations, brochures, product sheets, fact sheets, case studies etc.,
- Responsible for event management including trade shows and company sponsored events.
- 10 years plus experience in a similar marketing role within a technology company.
- Marketing Degree required with a strong focus on Communication preferred.
- Excellent English and copywriting skills are critical requirements. (Perfection Only).
- Previous experience of creating press releases and marketing collateral.
- Experience or knowledge of the retail industry would be beneficial.
- High energy and team orientated skills essential.
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a fast paced environment.